Tuesday, March 29, 2011

The Scout - Part 2

Well, as I had mentioned, my brother and I had looked for an off-road vehicle that we could invest some money into. We were willing to shell out some serious cash now.....like $700! This will get you a vehicle, but you're lucky if the vehicle is drivable. During our search, my brother had gotten a remote control Jeep for his birthday along with a DVD of Top Truck Challenge. It had a lot of extreme four-wheeling videos like these, which drew us in like the Sirens to the curious world of four-wheeling.
Nonetheless, we were hungry to find a vehicle that would swim through mud and crawl up any mountain just like on the videos we had seen. Unfortunately, reality sank in and my lack of knowledge for vehicles was ignored by my starry vision of an ultimate four-wheeling machine. In other words, you can't buy the ultimate go-anywhere-vehicle for $700, but it didn't matter because I saw possibilities. 

So my brother and I looked for an International Scout and found one near Franklin, NC. The ad mentioned that it ran, was a great 4X4 on logging trails, but it had a few problems with the engine, the doors, some of the interior and a few other problems, but just needed some tender loving care. On the phone I think I heard "blah blah blah.....great 4X4 on logging trails.....blah blah blah.....tender loving care." I had to have it at all costs!!  I asked my friends to come with me to look at it, and I took $700 just in case....







For the next week, here was the picture I had in my mind of the Scout:











Here was the actual Scout that I saw for sale:


No comments:

Post a Comment